2016 Kia Optima MPG – Gas Mileage / Fuel Economy Figures
Let’s check the latest official 2016 Kia Optima mpg figures.
There are a lot of things to consider when buying a new car, but the one feature that everyone looks at is fuel economy.
This is especially true if the vehicle is going to be one that is driven on a daily basis.
If the average fuel economy is great, then you can start to look at some of the other boxes that need to be checked off before signing on the dotted line.
Does the vehicle look good? Does it have all the latest technology available? Is it a comfortable ride?
When you check all of those boxes, you have the vehicle that you want, and it’s fair to say that the 2016 Kia Optima is right there in that mix.
The good news for anyone interested in the Optima is that there are a lot to choose from.
There are 5 trim levels and 3 different engine options available, which means that there really is a model for everyone.
Let’s do a quick breakdown of each, and let’s also look at the fuel efficiency for each one.
2016 Kia Optima fuel economy ratings
- Optima LX mpg – 185-hp 2.4-liter engine delivering 25/37 mpg city/highway
- Optima LX 1.6T mpg – 178-hp 1.6-liter turbo engine delivering 28/39 mpg city/highway
- Optima EX mpg – 185-hp 2.4-liter engine delivering 24/35 mpg city/highway
- Optima SX mpg – 245-hp 2.0-liter turbo delivering 22/32 mpg city/highway
- Optima SX Limited mpg – 245-hp 2.0-liter turbo delivering 22/32 mpg city/highway
Optima fuel tank capacity
Given that each of the Kia Optima trim levels comes with an 18.5-gallon tank, you are potentially looking at being able to drive 680 miles before having to fill up.
Strap in and get ready to hit the road for the long haul!