Kia Soul Is A Totally Cool Hamster Ride
Kia Soul is a highly-successful compact crossover vehicle, which has been first unveiled at the Paris Auto Show back in 2008 and put on sale globally in the following year.
Built on the front-wheel-drive platform, the Soul belongs to the segment of “boxy” cars, which have been particularly popular in the United States.
It competes against the likes of Nissan Cube, Scion xB and Honda Element.
Although the Soul features a very “SUV-ish” exterior appearance, Kia has never offered it with an optional AWD system.
There are rumors, though, that the carmaker may launch the Soul with all wheel drive system, though, but this has yet to be officially confirmed!
News about Kia Soul
- Learn more about the 2017 Kia Soul (on sale now) here…
- Read latest news about 2018 Kia Soul here…
- Latest rumors and news about 2018 Kia Soul electric vehicle…
Things that people love about the Soul car:
- Fresh and trendy exterior styling that retains the original iconic boxy shape
- High quality interior layout with soft-at-touch materials
- Increased passenger and cargo space
- Affordable MSRP pricing
- 5-star overall crash test rating
- top quality ratings
Currently on sale in the United States, Canada and Europe is the second-generation Soul model, which has received a complete makeover in 2014.
In 2017, the Soul crossover recived a mid-cycle upgrade with a wide number of visual and mechanical upgrades.
Let’s have a detailed look at the 2016 Kia Soul changes & what’s new:
1. Kia Soul Base
- Standard 16-inch alloy wheels
- Convenience Package
- Audio 3.0B with AM/FM MP3, 4.3-inch color touchscreen, Rear-Camera Display
- Auto on/off head lights
2. Kia Soul Plus (+)
- Standard Gloss black bumper tusks
- Standard Front fog lights
- Standard audio 3.0B with AM/FM MP3, 4.3-inch color touchscreen, Rear-Camera Display
- Standard auto on/off head lights
- Designer Collection
- 18-inch alloy wheels with black spokes
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shift knob
- Two-tone roof treatment
3. Kia Soul Exclaim (!)
- Leather trim seats are standard
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels replace 18-inch alloy wheels
- Standard halogen headlights replace projector head lights
- Premium Package
- Navigation with 8-inch display
- Infinity audio system with center speaker, subwoofer, and amplifier
- Speaker lights
- Automatic temperature control with cluster ionizer
- Panoramic sunroof with power sunshade
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated front seats
- Heated rear outboard seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Push-button start with Smart Key
- Projector low beam head lights
- LED positioning lights and LED tail lights
- Supervision meter cluster with 4.3-inch color touchscreen
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Forward Collision Control Warning System
Kia Soul hamster commercial ad
Cars like Soul
Still, we can name a few:
- Nissan Cube (not on sale anymore)
- Honda Fit
- Scion xD
- Fiat 500L
Kia Soul news
For more up-to-date Kia Soul news, owner interviews, reviews, best lease deals and latest announcements, check our Soul news page.
Kia Soul History Timeline
2005: The iconic boxy crossover vehicle made its debut as a concept car.
2008: Kia officially unveiled the production-ready Soul model at the Paris auto show back in 2008.
2009: Worldwide sales of new Soul have commenced in 2009, while shortly after, Kia launched a highly-successful marketing campaign that featured signing hamsters driving!
In the same year, Kia also unveiled a Soul-based pick-up concept vehicle, called Soul’ster
2012: The model received a feacelift that resuletd in revised exterior and interior styling and new powertrains.
At the 2012 Chicago auto show, the automaker launched another concept car previewing the next-generation Soul.
2013: Kia launches the second-generation Soul crossover vehicle with improved ride and handling, new styling and more premium features.
2014: Kia of USA releases first limited edition model (2,000 units produced), called Soul Red Zone Special Edition!
2015: All-electric version of the Soul EV goes on sale in the USA, Europe and South Korea.