DAILY - UPDATED
Kia Optima Engine Specs 2015 Model Year
Kia’s top-selling model in the United States, the Optima mid-size sedan, has received some minor updates for the 2015 model year.
The 2015 Optima did not receive any styling tweaks, with exterior and interior designs being a carryover from the previous model year.
The powertrain options remain the same as previously and so does the five trim levels, the LX, EX and range-topping SX (with additional SX Turbo and SX Limited).
The automaker has, however, introduce some new options and features for the 2015 model.
Here are the main changes:
- Acoustic laminated windshield is now optional on the 2015 Optima LX and standard on other trims, including EX, SX, SX Turbo and SX-Limited.
- All vehicles also feature a repositioned cruise control buttons.
- All models (with exception of the base LX) also offer Kia’s next-generation UVO eServices with 4 new features: Geo Fencing, Speed Alert, Curfew Alert and Driving Score
- The SX-Limited gets exclusive brushed silver steering wheel bezels and white contrasting stitching on D-shaped leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- Three new exterior colors are available on the 2015 Optima, including the Smokey Blue, Sparkling Silver and Platinum Graphite.
Kia Optima Engine Specifications
There are three engine options available for the 2015.
The base 2,4L 4-cylinder engine, a turbo-charged 2,0L 4-cylinder unit and a hybrid powertrain.
Each engine is mated to the 6-speed automatic transmission and features a gas-saving direct injection technology (GDI).
GDI Engine Specs
2.4L, inline 4-cylinder … 192 hp @ 6,300 rpm
2.0L, inline 4-cylinder TURBO … 274 hp @ 6,000 rpm