Sportage is the entry level Kia crossover vehicle and one of the most attractive models in the carmaker’s range.
This highly-attractive vehicle boasts refined exterior styling, comfortable interior and highly-advanced safety and powertrain technology.
It is one of those Kia models that offers a choice of front-wheel drive (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD).
The US-specs Sportage model is offered with a highly-potent 2,0L 4-cylinder turbo engine, while in Europe, it is also avialable with a more fuel-efficient 1,7L CRDI diesel engine!
Kia Sportage Picture Gallery
2015 Changes – What’s New
“New Sportage advances Kia’s brand to the next level with an array of styling tweaks and a host of premium features!”
- Enhanced 2.4L powertrain for greater efficiency
- Slightly updated exterior design
- Enhanced ride quality and more dynamic handling
What consumers like about the new Sportage SUV
- Great exterior design
- Comfy interior
- Lots of standard safety features
- Powerful 2,0L T-GDI engine
- The choice of AWD system
The main rivals of the 2015 Kia Sportage are Hyundai Tucson, Mazda CX-5, Nissan Qashqai, Ford Kuga, etc…
General SUV Introduction
Kia has become known for providing beautifully designed vehicles that offer fuel efficiency, comfort and convenience, and power. The Sportage CUV comes with all of that and more.
The US-market Sportage comes in four different trims – base, LX, EX, and SX – and is truly a beautiful looking machine.
Sweeping angles, a high beltline, and a hunkered-down stance give the Sportage a real sense of presence on the road.
The lights in front and back are almost seamlessly connected by a spearing shoulder line that runs along the flank of the body.
The sophistication of the exterior is carried over to the cabin, where a host of comfort and convenience features are waiting for the driver and passengers.
Drivers will love the three-gauge instrument cluster set into the dash, giving the CUV a feel that many might even describe as sporty. This is a vehicle that is not only great on fuel, but which is also a delight to drive.
The fuel efficiency and smooth ride is delivered via a 2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve four-cylinder engine that puts out 176 horses.
There is the choice of a 6-speed automatic with front-wheel drive or an automatic transmission that can be either FWD or AWD.
For an extra jolt of power, you can move on up to the 2.0-liter turbocharged GDI with a 6-speed automatic that is featured solely on all SX trims. That unit puts out an impressive 260 horsepower.
- New Sportage incorporates newly designed signature tiger-nose grilleThere’s a 2.0L GDI 4-cylinder turbocharged engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission
Read our blog post to learn why Sportage SUV is such a popular car that’s been listed among the best 10 by Kelley Blue Book.
Trim Levels: Features, Specificationand Options:
The 2014 Sportage is available in three different trim levels. Some of the standard and optional features of LX, EX and SX trims include:
- 17-in alloy wheels (LX)
- 18-in alloy wheels (EX)
- 18-in alloy wheels – exclusive design (SX)
C. Length X Width X Height (in):
- 174.8 X 73.0 X 64.4 (LX, EX)
- 175.2 X 73.0 X 64.4 (SX)
D. Ground Clearance (in): 6.8
- 225/60R17 (LX)
- 235/55R18 (EX, SX)
- Spare tire – temporary spare tire (standard)
F. Wheelbase (in): 103.9
G. Track (Front X Rear – in):
- 63.3 X 63.3 (LX)
- 62.9 X 62.9 (EX, SX)
- Head Room (Front/Rear – in): 39.1/38.5
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear – in): 56.7/55.1
- Leg Room (Front/Rear – in): 41.4/37.9
- Hip Room (Front/Rear – in): 53.7/49.1
- Cargo Volume: rear seat up/down (cu ft): 26.1/54.6
- Engine& Transmission:
- 2.4L, GDI, 4-cylinder, 6-speed automatic (LX,EX)
- 2.0L, GDI, 4-cylinder, Turbocharged, 6-speed automatic (SX)
- Full-time AWD with electronic control on-demand (transmission type: optional w/each engine type)
- 182hp @ 6,000 rpm (LX, EX)
- 260 hp @ 6,000 rpm (SX)
- 177lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm (LX, EX)
- 269 lb-ft @ 1,850 – 3,000 rpm (SX)
- Fuel Economy (City/Highway/Combined MPG):
- 21/28/24 (LX, EX)
- 20/26/23 (SX)
- 19/26/22 (LX, EX, w/ AWD)
- 19/24/21 (SX, w/ AWD)
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Gal): 15.3
- Color: The Sportage offers a range of exciting colors to choose from.
Some of the standard safety features of 2014 Sportage include the following,
- Dual front advanced airbags (standard)
- Dual front seat mounted side airbags (standard)
- Full-length side curtain airbags (standard)
- Rollover sensor (standard)
- Front active headrests (standard)
- 3-point seat belts for all seating positions (standard)
- Front seat-belt pretensioners(standard)
- 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS (standard)
- Vehicle stability management (VSM) (standard)
- Electronic stability control (ESC) (standard)
- Traction control system (TCS) (standard)
- Electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) (standard)
- Brake assist system (BAS) (standard)
- Hill start assist control (HAC) (standard)
- Downhill brake control (DBC) (standard)
- Tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) (standard)
- Side-impact door beams (standard)
- Front and rear crumple zones (standard)
- Lower anchors and tethers for children (latch) (standard)
- Rear child-safety door locks(standard)
The ride quality is excellent with Sportage. Handling is also perfect with the inclusion of dampers. The tilt and telescopic steering column gives a comfortable driving experience. The conveniently placed amenities and interior upholsteries give a premium feel to the passengers and driver alike. With a powerful engine, maneuvering on rough altitudes and passing through highway lanes is pretty easy. Overall, the SUV efficiently gives you a sporty ride experience and meets all your expectations from a car of this compact crossover segment.
Check in our blog posts for further info on specs, features, dimensions, pictures, sales figures, price quotes and new releases of Kia Sportage SUV.