Kia Spectra 4-Door Sedan
The 2009 Spectra 4-door sedan version comes in three trims, LX, EX and standard. While LX is the basic level, standard includes more advanced features like 16-in alloy wheels, a rear spoiler, fog lights, and bigger tire. With Ex you get cruise control, keyless entry, and full power accessories.
The car is popular for its striking looks and the range of amenities you get at its price. The vehicle comes with a powerful 2.0L, 4-cylinder engine, which is one of the best in its class. You also get options of going with either 4 /5 speed manual/automatic transmissions. The engine delivers 138 horsepower, which is exciting enough for your city and highway ride.
What’s impressive about the car, other than its design style, all the advanced features and standard equipment is the resale value it gives you. If you desire to own a compact car in this entry level compact car segment, Spectra definitely gives you the most balanced option. The excellent resale value of the vehicle makes it one of the choicest of used cars.
Follow our blog to check this interview of a Spectra owner in Kia Owner series.
Trim Levels: Features, Specification and Options:
The 2009 Spectra 4-door sedan is available in three trim levels, LX, EX and SX. Some of the standard and exclusive features include,
- Variable intermittent wipers (LX/EX/SX)
- Rear defogger (LX/EX/SX)
- Rear Spoiler (SX)
- 15-in steel wheels (LX/EX)
- 16-in alloy wheels (SX)
C. Length X Width X Height (in): 177.2 X 68.3 X 57.9
D. Ground Clearance (in): 6.3
- P195/60R15 (LX/EX)
- P205/50R16 (SX)
- Spare tire – temporary spare tire (standard)
F. Wheelbase (in): 102.8
G. Track (Front X Rear – in): 58.9 X 58.5
- AM/FM/CD player with 6-speaker (LX/EX/SX)
- USB/auxiliary audio input jack (LX/EX/SX)
- Bucket front seat (LX/EX/SX)
- Height adjustable driver seat (LX/EX/SX)
- Split-folding rear seatback (LX/EX/SX)
- Tachometer (LX/EX/SX)
- Low fuel warning (LX/EX/SX)
- Front console with storage (LX/EX/SX)
- Speed-proportional power steering (LX/EX/SX)
- Tilt-adjustable steeling-wheel (LX/EX/SX)
- Trunk light (LX/EX/SX)
- Cloth trim (LX/EX)
- Premium cloth trim (SX)
- Leather trim on gear shift knob (SX)
- Remote power door locks (EX/SX)
- Heated mirrors (EX/SX)
- Power mirrors (EX/SX)
- One-touch power windows (EX/SX)
- Air conditioning (EX/SX)
- Front Reading lights (EX/SX)
- Head Room (Front/Rear – in): 40.0/38.2
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear – in): 55.1/53.9
- Leg Room (Front/Rear – in): 42.8/35.4
- Hip Room (Front/Rear – in): 52.4/53.9
- Passenger Volume (cu ft): 109.2
- Cargo Volume (cu ft): 12.2
C. Engine: 2.0L, Inline, 4-cylinder (4- speed manual/automatic or 5-speed manual/automatic)
D. Horsepower: 138 hp @ 6,000 rpm
E. Torque: 136 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm
F. Fuel Economy (City/Highway MPG): 24/32 (4-speed manual/automatic) 23/30 (5-speed manual/automatic)
G. Fuel Tank Capacity (Gal): 14.0
H. Color: The 2009 Spectra sedan comes in a range of exciting colors.
I. Price: Check for price quotes from local dealers.
Some of the standard safety features of Spectra 4-door sedan include the following:
Head airbags (front and rear)
Dual front advanced impact airbags
Dual side impact airbags attached with front seats
Child seat anchor (LATCH)
Ventilated front disk brakes
Rear drum brakes
Rear child safety door locks
Auto delay head lamps
- Front and rear height adjustable headrest
- Passenger airbag occupant sensing deactivation
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Dual front side-mounted airbags
- Rear center 3-point belt
- Emergency interior trunk release
With a fairly powerful 4-cylinder front wheel drive engine, the Spectra sedan is pleasant to drive. The dash is easily accessible. The manual gearbox gives enough control to the driver to easily pass through city and highway lanes. Leg and headroom for the driver is comfortable.
The 2009 Kia Spectra sedan competes with the likes of Honda Civic, Mazda 3 and Toyota Corolla in the highly competitive compact sedan segment.
Check in our blog posts for further info on specs, features, dimensions, pictures, sales figures, price quotes and new releases of Kia Spectra.