The K900 is Kia’s firts entry into the high-wnd luxury sedan market in the USA!
It is also Kia’s first-ever rear-wheel-drive sedan!
It sits above the Cadenza premium sedan in the Kia range and offers a large number of standard high-tech features.
Offered as Kia’s best vehicle in the range, the K900 luxury sedan features a highly-advanced V8 engine mated to the 8-speed automatic transmission.
Potential buyers in the premium sedan market will compare the flagship sedan to Audi A8, BMW 7-Series and Mercedes Benz S-Class.
Kia K900 Luxury Sedan Image Gallery
2015 Model Year Changes – What’s New
“The K900 flagship sedan signals a new era for Kia and advances the brand to new levels of sophistication!”
- This is an all-new model
- First ever RWD sedan for Kia
- 420-horsepower V8 engine
- Loads of high class features
K900 Video Commercial
What people love about new K900 luxury sedan:
- Sophisticated exterior and interior design
- Potent V8 engine and 8-speed automatic gearbox
- Reclining outboard rear seats
- 900-watt Lexicon high-fidelity audio system
- Advanced vehicle safety technology
If you’re looking at the K900 competitors, you have to look at the Hyundai Equus, NMW 7-Series or Audi A8.
The luxury sedan segment is about to receive a serious challenge in the form of the Kia K900 flagship sedan.
Consumers that think they know all there is to know about the Korean brand are sure to be pleasantly surprised by the premium driving experience and stunning array of standard equipment that comes with this model.
If you are going to make a car your flagship, you better make sure it is fully loaded. Kia have pulled that off with the K900 flagship sedan.
This is the first Kia sedan to come equipped with a V8 engine. It’s a 5.0-liter powerplant that delivers 420 HP, while the base V6 unit crank out 311 HP.
It is the list of standard features in the K900 that shows Kia’s intent to challenge the luxury norm.
Just some of the item you will find on bard include a lane departure warning system, blind spot detection, heads-up display, smart cruise control, a 900-watt Lexicon sound system, and a whole lot more besides.
US drivers can take advantage of a 3-year, 37,500-mile complimentary scheduled maintenance offer when buying the K900 at participating dealerships.
The plan will cover the first 5 service visits. Anyone that purchases or leases a new K900 from a participating Kia retailer will automatically receive the plan with their purchase.
- The company expects that the car will sell 5,000 units in its first year when it hits the U.S. roads.
- You can check the new 2015 Kia K900 video on our blog from here.
Trim Levels: Features, Specification and Options:
The 2014 K900 offers only one standard trim that includes some of these features:
- Auto dimming outside mirrors (standard)
- Panoramic tilt/sliding sunroof w/power retractable sunshade (standard)
- Solar control glass (standard)
- Laminated windshield and side door windows (standard)
- Hydrophobic front door windows (standard)
- LED headlights with adaptive front lighting system (AFLS) (standard)
- Positioning LED lights (standard)
- LED daytime driving lights (standard)
- LED fog lights (standard)
- Rear LED combination lamps (standard)
- LED perimeter approach lighting (standard)
- Automatic rain sensing variable intermittent wipers (standard)
- Windshield wiper de-icers (standard)
- Integrated dual exhaust with chrome surround (standard)
- Locking fuel-filler door (standard)
- 18-in alloy wheels (V6)
- 19-in alloy wheels – chrome finish (V8)
C. Length X Width X Height (in): 200.6 X 74.8 X 58.5
D. Ground Clearance (in): 5.7
- 245/50R18 (V6)
- 245/45R19 (V8-front)
- 275/40R19 (V8-rear)
- Spare tire – temporary space-saver type (standard)
F. Wheelbase (in): 119.9
G. Track (Front X Rear – in): 63.8 X 64.1
- Lexicon2 discrete logic7 surround sound system with 17 speakers (standard)
- Voice command navigation (standard)
- SiriusXM radio (standard)
- Driver information system (DIS) multimedia control (standard)
- Park assist (standard)
- Front and rear parking sensors with park guide system (PGS) (standard)
- Surround view monitor (standard)
- Rear cross traffic alert (RCTA) (standard)
- Advanced smart cruise control(ASCC)
- Lane departure warning system (LDWS)
- Shift-by-wire gear selector (standard)
- Push-button start with credit card smart key immobilizer (standard)
- Three-zone automatic climate control (standard)
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold (standard)
- Head up display (HUD)
- Drive mode select (standard)
- Nappa leather seat trim (standard)
- 8-way adjustable front passenger seat w/power lumber support (standard)
- Head Room (Front/Rear – in): 40.2/37.6
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear – in): 59.1/57.2
- Leg Room (Front/Rear – in): 45.9/38.2
- Hip Room (Front/Rear – in): 55.9/55.7
- Passenger Volume (cu ft): 110.8
- Cargo Volume (cu ft): 15.9
- 3.8L, GDI, Lambda V6-cylinder (8-speed automatic, shift-by-wire)
- 5.0L, GDI, Tau DOHC V8-cylinder (8-speed automatic, shift-by-wire)
- 311 hp @ 6000 rpm (V6)
- 420 hp @ 6,400 rpm (V8)
- 293 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm (V6)
- 376 lb-ft @ 5,000 rpm (V8)
- Fuel Economy (City/Highway/Combined MPG):
- 18/27/22 (V6)
- 15/23/18 (V8)
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Gal): 19.8
- Color: The K900 offers a range of exciting colors.
- Base Price: MSRP $59.500
Some of the standard safety features of K900 include the following,
- Dual front advanced impact airbags
- Dual side impact airbags attached with front and rear seats
- Side curtain airbags
- Front active headrests
- 3-point seat belts
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disk brakes w/ABS
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Advanced vehicle safety management (AVSM)
- Pre-safe belt (PSB)
- Vehicle stability management (VSM)
- Brake assist system (BAS)
- Hill start assist control (HAC)
- High-line-tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD)
- Side impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Lower anchors and tethers for children (LATCH)
- Rear child safety door locks
- Impact sensing auto door unlock
The powerful car gives you a smooth driving experience. The V8 engine is powerful enough to give you a nice acceleration at higher speeds. The overall cabin experience is excellent.
The Kia K900 is a vehicle the company is positioning at a much affordable price to target the drivers of Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 7-Series and other German heavyweights in the high-end luxury segment.
For further info on specs, features, dimensions, pictures, spy-shots, sales figures, price quotes and new releases of Kia K900; check our blog posts from here.