The 2014 Cadenza is Kia’s impressive entry into the near-luxury sedan segment!
Known also as Kia K7 in South Korea, the 4-door premium sedan combines elegant design, outstanding tech amenities, and affordability with great ease.
Kia has remarkably gone into every detail with precision to produce this vehicle that effectively establishes new levels of value and sophistication.
The vehicle is slightly larger than the Optima and a notch more luxurious as well.
Defining gorgeous style, premium comfort, powerful performance and great value the car succeeds in connecting with the emotional levels of buyers.
This is another big achievement for Kia who has been receiving all sorts of great reviews and recognitions for their entry into the premium sedan segment.
Kia Cadenza Picture Gallery
2014 Changes – What’s new
“Advanced technology and European-inspired design announce Kia’s entry into the premium-car segment”
- Attractive exterior design
- Comfortable interior with high-quality materials
- Premium features
- Latest safety features
- UVO infotainment system
Cadenza Video Commercial
What Consumers Like The Most In New Cadenza Premium Sedan:
- Remarkable exterior styling
- Spacious interior
- High-quality materials used inside
- Strong V6 engine with GDI technology
- Best value for money in the premium sedan segment
The Kia Cadenza competes head to head with the likes of Chevrolet Impala, Toyota Avalon and Lexus ES 350 in keenly contested premium sedan segment.
General Model Description:
Kia took a giant leap into the luxury sedan segment with the Cadenza, a car that delivers a dynamic driving experience and state of the art technology.
Under the hood, the Cadenza has one of the most powerful engines in the automaker’s arsenal.
The smoothness of the ride comes vie a brilliantly engineered chassis, a multi-link rear suspension, and a steering system that is truly driver friendly.
The new Cadenza premium sedan is the perfect blend of comfort and performance in a premium package.
One look at the veicle and you see the European influence on the design, but you might not be able to see the V6 power that lurks beneath.
On the inside, the cabin is awash with premium touches like chrome and wood accents.
Combine that with all of the technology at the fingertips of the driver and you get a car that is one of the most sophisticated in the near luxury car segment.
Furhtemore. Cadenza owners are given a complimentary scheduled maintence program as part of the package.
This deal covers the first five factory scheduled appointments, and can be used within the first 36 month or 37,500 miles, whichever comes first.
This is all part of Kia’s goal of separating the Cadenza from its competitors.
Power and technology are well served with the Kia Cadenza. It’s introduction to the North American market shows just how serious Kia are about delivering vehicles that go above and beyond what is expected of the segment.
Trim Levels: Features, Specificationand Options:
The 2014 Cadenza is available in only one standard trim. However, you can opt for Premium or Technology package to add few more amenities at additional cost.
Some of the features include:
- A. Body:
- Body color heated power mirrors with LED turn signal indicators (standard)
- Solar control glass (standard)
- Sound absorbing front windshield glass (standard)
- Heated rear glass with timer (standard)
- Projection headlights with auto leveling (standard)
- Positioning LED lights (standard)
- Rear LED combination lamps (standard)
- Perimeter approach lighting (standard)
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers (standard)
- Integrated dual exhaust with chrome surround (standard)
- Shark-fin roof antenna (standard)
- Panoramic sunroof power retractable sunshade (premium)
- HID headlights w/adaptive front lighting system (premium)
- Hydrophobic glass (technology)
- Front fog lights – LED (technology)
- B. Wheels:
- 18-in alloy wheels (premium)
- 19-in alloy wheels – chrome finish (technology)
- C. Length X Width X Height (in): 195.5 X 72.8 X 58.1
- D. Ground Clearance (in):5.4
- E. Tires:
- P245/45R18 (premium: standard)
- P245/40R19 (technology: standard, premium: optional)
- Spare tire – temporary space-saver type (standard)
- F. Wheelbase (in): 112.0
- G. Track (Front X Rear – in):63.0 X 63.0
- A. Amenities:
- Infinity surround-sound audio system with 12 speakers (standard)
- SiriusXM radio(standard)
- Voice command navigation (standard)
- Rear camera display (standard)
- Back-up warning system (standard)
- Steering wheel mounted audio and cruise control buttons (standard)
- Steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters (standard)
- Rear seat center armrest with ski pass-through door (standard)
- Push-button start with smart key immobilizer (standard)
- Dual-zone automatic climate control (standard)
- Parking brake (premium)
- Leather seat trim (premium)
- Power operated rear window sunshade (premium)
- Heated rear seats (premium)
- Heated steering wheel (premium)
- Steering-wheel power tilt & telescoping (premium)
- Blind spot detection system (technology)
- Advanced smart cruise control (technology)
- Lane departure warning system (technology)
- Electronic parking brake with auto hold (technology)
- B. Dimensions:
- Head Room (Front/Rear – in):
- Ø 40.0/37.8 (without sunroof)
- Ø 38.0/37.3 (with sunroof)
- Shoulder Room (Front/Rear – in): 58.3/56.5
- Leg Room (Front/Rear – in): 45.5/36.8
- Hip Room (Front/Rear – in): 55.5/54.7
- Passenger Volume (cu ft): 106.8
- Cargo Volume (cu ft): 15.9
- Engine:3.3L, GDI, V6-cylinder(6-speed automatic)
- Horsepower:293hp @ 6,400 rpm
- Torque: 255 lb-ft @ 5,200 rpm
- Fuel Economy (City/Highway/Avg MPG):19/28/22
- Fuel Tank Capacity (Gal): 18.5
- Color:The Cadenza offers a range of exciting colors to choose from.
- Base Price:
- MSRP $35,100 (premium)
- MSRP $42,400 (technology)
Some of the standard safety features of Cadenza include the following,
- Dual front advanced impact airbags
- Dual side impact airbags attached with front and rear seats
- Side curtain airbags
- 3-point seat belts
- Front seat belt pretensioners
- 4-wheel disk brakes w/ABS
- Electronic stability control (ESC)
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Vehicle stability management (VSM)
- Brake assist system (BAS)
- Hill start assist control (HAC)
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD)
- Side impact door beams
- Front and rear crumple zones
- Rear child safety door locks
- Impact sensing auto door unlock
The 3.3L 6-cylinder, 293 hp engine along with 6-speed automatic transmission lives up to the expectation. It nicely handles the hilly terrain.The paddle shifters help add a sporty touch to the sedan. Freeway driving is smooth. The power is more than enough to confidently maneuver passing on two lanes. The suspension delivers a solid, confident ride. It handles corners and curves quite nicely. Braking is also smooth and confident. The car delivers a very light steering touch with only minimal road feel.
More news about Kia Cadenza
Check in our blog posts for further info on specs, features, dimensions, pictures, sales figures, price quotes and new releases of Kia Cadenza.
Cadenza History Timeline:
2009: The Cadenza was launched in South Korea in 2009 to replace the Amanti luxury sedan.
2013: The model received a significant makeover before it entered the U.S. market in January 2013.
2014, 2015: There are no major changes expected to be applied for the following years.
2016: A completely-redesigned Kia Cadenza is expected to hit the Kia dealerships in 2016 or 2017.