Let’s check how good are Kia cars!
There can be no denying about the global sales growth spurt that Kia Motors has achieved in recent years, but there are still people out there who refuse to be swayed by the numbers.
The fact is that despite the recent successes, the idea of Kia as being a bargain automobile brand are still pretty fresh in the minds of the average consumer.
For that reason, when consumers think about making a change to a new brand when it comes time to purchase that new car, they will head to Google and type in the question:
Are Kias good cars?
The answer they receive may surprise them!
Yes, Kias are good cars!
They still make vehicles that are affordable to the average consumer, but while prices for their new cars have stayed relatively low, the quality and list of standard features in each has risen dramatically.
- Are Kias any good? Yes, they are!
- They still produce affordable vehicles
- The quality and design have improved dramatically
Kia Soul car has already become an icon!
If you had to choose just one vehicle from their line-up that showed what Kia has been all about in recent years, it would need to be the funky Soul urban crossover.
The iconic boxy design and trio of hip-hop Soul hamsters in the TV spots made people take notice right away, but it was the surprising quality of the vehicle that brought them back for more.
That said, there were some complaints about the Kia Soul, particularly on the inside.
The automaker addressed all of those concerns with the second-generation of the car, with a more premium feel added to the interior.
The result is a vehicle that went from good to great, and which is starting to show why it was able to decimate all of the other vehicles in the boxy car segment (Nissan Cube, Scion xB, etc.).
Premium and luxury Kia cars
The Soul is not the only car in the Kia line-up that delivers more than expected.
The Optima midsize sedan has long been considered the flagship car in the line-up, although the Cadenza and K900 are now taking that role.
The Optima has always been a strong performer for the Koreans, but rather than simply resting on their laurels, Kia has worked hard to improve it with every new generation, adding more standard features and a refined styling that cannot be ignored.
What may also come as a surprise to those who still see Kia as a bargain brand is the emergence if the Cadenza and the K900, both of which are very much at home in the luxury segment.
The latest addition to the Kia line-up will be the Sedona minivan, although you may not recognize it as such.
The new Sedona, which is making a triumphant return to the line-up, looks more like a CUV from the outside, but on the inside, it has all the space and features required to comfortably fit a family of 8.
We could go on and on about all of the cars that Kia has to offer and the quality found in each, but we think we have told you enough to properly answer the question being posed.
Yes, Kia makes very good cars!
Kia cars on sale worldwide
1. RIO: Kia Rio is a subcompact car available as a 4-door sedan and 5-door hatchback in the USA. In Europe, the Rio is also on sale as a 3-door hatchback!
Click here for more details on Rio.
2. SOUL: Kia Soul is a compact crossover vehicle. It has been a smasshing success for the carmaker with sales surpassing the 1 million units after only several years on the market.
To learn more about Kia Soul, click here.
3. FORTE: Kia Forte is a compact car available in three body forms, the 4-door sedan, 5-door hatchback and 2-door coupe. It is also marketed as Cerato or K3 in some markets.
Click here for detailed information about new Forte compact car.
4. CEE’D: Kia Cee’d is another compact car known for its highly-attractive exterior design. It is the Europe-exclusive model, which means it is sold only in the European market.
Find more details about the car here.
5.SPECTRA: Kia Spectra is not for sale anymore, however, we have included it in the range of Kia cars as many people keep searching information on used models. The model was produced between 2000 and 2009 and was later replaced by Kia Forte.
To learn more about Spectra click here.
6.OPTIMA: Kia Optima is a 4-door mid-size sedan available with three powertrains. It is particularly popular in the USA where it has been the automaker’s top-selling model for the past couple of years.
To learn more about new Optima sedan, follow the link here.
7. CADENZA: Kia Cadenza is the automaker’s entry into the premium 4-door sedan market. The model boasts attractive exterior design, high-quality interior and an abundance of latest safety technologies!
To learn more about the all-new Cadenza, click here.
8. K900: The K900 is a top-of-the-range luxury sedan in Kia’s range. It is the automaker’s first ever rear-wheel-drive sedan with V8 engine that generates 420 horsepower. The model incorporates luxury design and high-end safety technologies.
Find more details about K900 flagship sedan here.
9. PICANTO: Kia Picanto is the smallest car in the carmaker’s vehicle range. It is not sold in the USA and Canada. The entry-level citiy car looks really attractive and incorporates Kia’s latest design DNA, as well as up-to-date safety technology.
Find out more about Picanto here.
10. RAY: Kia Ray is another small city car in the Kia model range, but it is only available in South Korea. There are two versions on sale, the all-electric and gasoline powered one.
To explore more about the Ray city car, click here.
11.K-SERIES: The K-series of Kia cars are available in South Korea and China. Those are rebadged versions of the above-mentioned models.
Click here to find more details about Kia’s Asian-market-exclusive “K” car sereis.