DAILY - UPDATED
Kia Debuts K4 Sedan Concept At Beijing Auto Show
Kia has officially unveiled the all-new K4 concept car at the 2014 Beijing Auto Show!
The eye-catching 4-door sedan study is an automobile that has been tailored for the Chinese market and previews a production model that is scheduled to go on sale in China in the second quarter of 2014.
The white-painted K4 concept car features a distinctive exterior design with large signature grille, low nose and wedge-shaped profile.
The 4,720 mm long sporty sedan rides on a 2,700 mm wheelbase.
According to the carmaker’s official press release, the K4 concept also offers a class-leading cabin space and an interior loaded with a plethora of high-tech convenience and safety features.
When put into production later this year, the K4 will offer premium features such as push button engine start system, latest UVO infotainment system, smart parking assist, ventilated front seats and many others.
High-technology lies under the hood, too. The all-new Kia K4 concept is fitted with the automaker’s highly-advanced 1,6L T-GDI turbo engine and coupled with new a 7-speed dual clutch transmission – DCT.
Various reports are suggesting that the production model will also be offered with slightly less potent 1.8L and 2.0L four-cylinder engines when it hits the Chinese car market.
Developed to meet the tastes of family-oriented consumers aged in their 30s and 40s, the new K4 Kia satisfies latest local market crash test standards.
Kia’s engineers have designed the structure of the model to achieve a maximum 5-star safety rating at the C-NCAP crash tests. [Photo source: xcar.com.cn]
Kia K4 Concept Car Photos
What to expect from the production-ready K4 sedan?
– Production model will retain the concept’s highly-attractive exterior design
– Class-leading spaciousness
– Latest safety technologies
– 5-star crash test ratings
– To be built on the same platform as Hyundai Mistra sedan (another China-exclusive model from the South Korean auto giant)
– 1,6L turbo engine, as well as 1,8L and 2,0L units
– Sales will commence in the second half of the year
– The K4 will be on sale exclusively in China