DAILY - UPDATED
- Kia Optima Hybrid Facelift To Go On Sale In Europe – Technical Specifications
- Kia Previews New Mild Hybrid System At The 2014 Geneva Auto Show
- Kia Unveils 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission -DCT
- February 2014 Kia Sales Figures: USA, Canada, Global
- Lithium-Ion Polymer Batteries For Soul EV Supplied By SK Innovation
2014 Soul Safety Rating
The redesigned 2014 Kia Soul has scored a 5-star safety rating during the NHTSA crash tests!
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 5-star rating is the government’s highest-possible safety rating that a vehicle can earn.
It is determined after severe testing procedures as part of the NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program. Crash tests combine scores from frontal, side-impact and rollover crash tests.
The new Soul passed the frontal and side pole crash tests with the top 5-star rating, while receiving a 4 star safety rating in the rollover test.
List Of Kia Soul Safety Features
Driver’s and passenger’s front airbags, front seat-mounted side air bags and full-length side curtain air bags are standard on each and every Soul.
Also offering consumers invaluable protection in the form of standard safety features are the ABS braking system with electronic brake force distribution, electronic stability control -ESC and traction control system -TCS.
In addition to 6 airbags and all the above mentioned safety systems, Kia also fitted their small crossover vehicle with tire pressure monitoring system and hill-start assist control.
1. 66% of the Soul’s chassis is made from a high-tensile steel
3. Four-channel, four-sensor antilock brake system -ABS
4. EBD -electronic brake force distribution
5. Hill-start assist control -HAC)
6. Tire pressure monitoring system -TPMS
7. Electronic stability control -ESC
8. Traction control system -TCS).
Kia’s 2014 Soul is offered in 3 trim levels including the Base, Plus and Exclaim. All three are included in the car’s five-star safety rating!
2014 Soul Crash Test Video
Find more ratings on Kia Soul, including the reliability and MPG ratings, as well as informational articles on towing capacity, crash tests and consumer reviews.